jueves, 11 de septiembre de 2008

Fotos

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IMPORTANT NOTE
I am a photographer and my specialty is photographing people. To make this blog more interesting and informative, I will include pictures of your children. However, if any of you do not want pictures of your child posted on this blog, just let me know. As a parent of 3 children myself, I can certainly appreciate it if anyone is uncomfortable with photos of their kids on the internet. To help protect your children while being able to share what they are doing at the same time, however, the names that I use for them have nothing to do with their real names.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LOWER ELEMENTARY
After I gave each estudiante their foto, they pasted it on the tarjeta de identificación that they had received earlier. Even though they were just quick shots, I think everyone looks great! I asked the students to take their ID cards home and show them to you so be sure to ask them for it! I will post them some time next week so you can see the entire class and where they are from. After completing their ID cards, I continued what I started in the previous class by walking around the room and asking them to answer questions about themselves, such as ¿Cómo te llamas? and ¿Qué eres? to elicit response such as Me llamo Rosa and Soy chilena [My name is Rosa and I am chilean].

UPPER ELEMENTARY
Just like the estudiantes in Lower Elementary, everyone completed their tarjetas by pasting on the pictures I had taken previously (see below). Make sure to look for Sonia Pueblito who is one of our star students! We then had a spelling quiz for the words y, ella, aprenden, colegio, and literatura. For the last 1o minutes, we played a verb conjugation game using the verbs saltar, limpiar, and viajar. I specifically picked all -ar verbs so that the pattern of conjugation would be easier for them but I'll gradually throw in -er and -ir verbs, as well as irregular verbs. If you have never studied another language, conjugation might seem unfamiliar to you but we do it in English all the time without even realizing it. This is something we will definitely spend a lot of time on this year as it is imperative to effectively communicate and understand Spanish.





















No hay comentarios: