jueves, 4 de septiembre de 2008

Tarjetas de Identificación

LOWER ELEMENTARY
Today, students were assigned citizenship to a Spanish-speaking country and given a temporary Tarjeta de Indentificación. While everyone was coloring the flag of his or her new country, I briefly met with each of the students individually and took pictures for their ID cards. At the end of class, a few of the students were able to practice saying what their nationality was by using the verb ser. For example: Soy español, Soy argentino, Soy mexicano, etc...

UPPER ELEMENTARY
Today's spelling words were Estados Unidos, son, pequeña, cuarto, and último. The Spanish "u" sounds more like "ooh" than "you." And the "ñ"... that's an uncommon sound in English, although the best example I can think of is the beginning of the how you would pronounce "gnocchi." After our quiz, I read the first paragraph from Section 1, Enrique y María, which we studied last week, to give them more practice with listening. For the remainder of class, everyone was assigned citizenship to a Spanish-speaking country and given a temporary Tarjeta de Indentificación. While everyone was coloring the flag of his or her new country, I followed up with each of them individually on an assignment they were given last Tuesday: think of a word they would like to know in Spanish. While I feel very confident with my Spanish, this is always a good way for me to find out how well I am in touch with the pop culture of a 4th-grader. Needless to say, I was stumped more than I had expected to be and have had to consult a dictionary to learn how to say "lunch box" and "guinea pig" in Spanish. While meeting with them, I also took pictures so that their tarjeta will be even more personalized.

Stay tuned, I will be publishing all of the tarjetas here in just a few days!

No hay comentarios: