miércoles, 9 de julio de 2008

¡Bienvenidos!

¡Bienvenidos al Español Montessori! Welcome to Montessori Spanish! This year, I will be keeping you up to date with Spanish class through this blog. For the 2008-09 school year, Spanish classes begin on September 2nd as follows:

PRIMARY
Diane Rayle : Tuesdays, 10:00am - 10:15am
Kathy Llewellyn : Tuesdays, 10:20am - 10:35am
Melonie Moseley : Tuesdays, 10:40am - 10:55am

LOWER ELEMENTARY
Cheri Gardener : Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00pm - 1:30pm

UPPER ELEMENTARY
Judy Llewellyn : Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30pm - 1:00pm

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A LITTLE HISTORY ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WITH SPANISH
When I was a year old, my family made its first of many trips to Baja California, Mexico. Before long, I was in love with the country and its people who spoke a language I didn't understand but who were nonetheless very friendly. After several years of studying Spanish in middle school, high school, and college, I was fortunate enough to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Madrid, Spain, where I learned to love another culture and to master my Spanish.

Some years later, I moved to New York City where my family and I were asked to serve among the Spanish-speaking congregants of our church, most of whom were from the Dominican Republic. And now, in Saint Simons Island, I am blessed again to keep using my Spanish by teaching your children this language which is as much a part of me as English.

I plan to update this blog after classes on each Tuesday and Thursday, so please feel free to check back often. If you have any concerns or any questions, I can be reached at xmatthewday@gmail.com or feel free to leave comments on this blog.

Thank you all for your support and your wonderful children!


Matthew Day

1 comentario:

Mz Bel. dijo...

Hi Matt,

I really like your blog. Is it possible for you to write out the words to the songs you use in your classroom. I live in Australia and am trying to teach my kids spanish, it would be really helpful. Thanks.